Following the success of PC-cillin (now called Titanium Internet Security), Titanium Maximum Security 2015 (formerly: Trend Micro Internet Security Pro) is one of Trend Micro’s latest, advanced products for home users. Providing comprehensive, all-in-one protection against viruses, spyware, rootkits, hackers and data theft, as well as back up and tune up tools for your PC, this is the only security product you’ll need. Now, Titanium Maximum Security is also a multi-device Internet Security solution for up to 3 devices (PCs, Macs, Windows 8 tablets, and Android mobile devices).
Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security is powered by a cloud security infrastructure that stops threats in cyperspace. Whether you shop, email, play games, bank, or IM, your entire family will be safe online, and because processing is done in the cloud, Titanium is very lightweight and has almost zero impact on computer performance. Right now, get a $45 discount when you purchase Titanium Maximum Security. No coupon code needed.
Titanium Maximum Security 2015 Key Features
Titanium Maximum Security 2015 is loaded with features that will help keep your computer, your data and your family safer. Features include:
- Comprehensive cloud-based Internet security – Titanium Maximum Security is powered by Trend Micro’s cloud security infrastructure, Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™, that stops threats in cyberspace. You will get real-time antivirus and malware scanning to provide always-on Internet protection to keep you safe from the latest threats. Pre-set web threat protection blocks malicious links in emails, instant messages, or websites, in order to protect you from online phishing scams from stealing credit cards or other personal, financial information.
- Two-way firewall – Titanium’s easy to use bi-directional firewall stops hackers from getting into your PC and stops malware from “phoning home” without your knowledge. Firewall comes with a number of pre-configured rules, making it easy to use for people of all skill levels.
- Parental controls – Trend Micro’s parental controls give you an easy way to protect your children from inappropriate websites, get reports about what they do online, as well as limit Internet time. You can choose from a number of pre-configured profiles – Child, Teen or Mature Teen – each of which can be customized to block access to particular types of content. The settings can be applied to any or all users of the computer/device.
- Data protection – With Titanium Maximum Security’s data theft prevention features, you can easily prevent hackers and spyware from stealing credit card numbers, passwords, email addresses, and other sensitive data. Specify what types of information that is not to be permitted to leave your computer (e.g. a credit card). The tool can be limited to particular users and/or particular communication methods (web, email, IM).
- Encrypted storage – Create encrypted and password-protected areas on your PC – known as Trend Micro Vault – where you can store your most sensitive files. In addition to protecting your data, the Vault also performs a periodic check with Trend Micro’s servers to see whether your computer has been reported as lost or stolen (something which you can easily do via an online web form). If it has been, the Vault will be automatically locked and inaccessible – even to somebody using the correct password. After recovering a lost computer, you can unseal the Vault only once you have validated your identity.
- Make sure deleted files stay deleted – Deleting a file from your computer will just remove the directory information used to find it, but not the actual data. With Trend Micro’s Secure Erase feature, deleted files get overwritten with random data, making sure the contents can’t be retrieved. Still not sure it’s gone? Use the Permanent Erase option to overwrite files seven times, meeting United States government data security standards!
- 5 GB of online storage space – Titanium Maximum Security software includes 5 GB of SafeSync online storage space to keep your important files backed up, synchronized, and secure. Trend Micro™ SafeSync™ provides protection and allows you to share all of your files, photos, videos and music. You will have access to your multimedia and private files from any online device anywhere, and at all times. For additional online storage space (and protection for more devices), see Titanium Premium Security.
- System Tuner – The Trend Micro system tuner provides you with a one-click way to tune up your PC, for example by recovering disk space, making Microsoft Windows start faster, cleaning out your instant messaging history, and optimizing your computer’s performance. Even schedule regular, automatic tune-ups of your operating system to make sure your PC runs smoothly at all times.
- Smartphone & tablet security – With Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security, you can extend Trend Micro’s Internet security tools to your Android smartphone or tablet. The mobile security feature provides protection from viruses and SMS spam and works with various versions of the Windows Mobile and Symbian operating systems.
- Easy-to-use interface – Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security has a clean and simple interface that is very easy to use. Easy to read graphic reports will give you the details about any Internet threats that attack your computer. Drill down into detailed logs with just one click. To make Internet security a bit more “fun”, Titanium can also very easily be personalized by use of included images, or your own photos.
- …and much more including the ability to remotely lock files in case of computer theft, authentication of wireless hotspots and WiFi networks, and robust anti-phishing features to keep you safe online, and antispam to keep your email inbox clean.
Trend Micro also offers a Premium Service Plan for Titanium Maximum Security. This optional service plan includes support to get your product up and running, emergency 24/7 support, and virus & spyware removal. The price of Titanium Maximum Security with Premium Service Plan is $109.95.
Titanium Maximum Security 2015 System Requirements
To run Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2015, your computer must meet the following system requirements:
- Windows® 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows® 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows® Vista (32-bit and 64-bit), Service Pack 2 or higher
- Windows® XP (32-bit), Service Pack 3 or higher
- Mac OS® X version 10.5 “Leopard” (release 10.5.8 or higher)
- Mac OS® X version 10.6 “Snow Leopard” (release 10.6.8 or higher)
- Mac OS® X version 10.7 “Lion” (release 10.7 or higher)
- Mac OS® X version 10.8 “Mountain Lion” (release 10.8 or higher)
- Windows® 8: 1 GHz
- Windows® 7: 800 MHz (1Ghz recommendation)
- Windows® Vista: 800 MHz (1 GHz recommended)
- Windows® XP: 350 MHz (800 MHz recommended)
- Apple Macintosh computer with an Intel® processor
- Windows® 8: 1 GB (32-bit), 2 GB (64-bit)
- Windows® 7: 1 GB
- Windows® Vista: 512 MB (1 GB Recommended)
- Windows® XP: 256 MB (512 MB Recommended)
- Mac OS® X: 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
- Windows: 500 MB (600 MB recommended)
- Mac: 400 MB of available hard disk space
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 7.0 or higher
- Mozilla Firefox® 3.6 or higher (Mac: 4.0 or higher)
- Google Chrome™ 10.0 or higher (Mac: 16 or higher)
- Apple Safari 5.0.1 or higher (Mac)
- Internet connection, e.g. to install via download, to register online, download updates, get virus information (Broadband or equivalent recommended).
- CD/DVD drive needed if installing from disk
- High-color display with resolution 800×480 pixels or higher
- Android tablet or smartphone – for mobile security features
Trend Micro Titanium User Reviews
Trend Micro is one of the largest and most popular Internet Security brands in the world. They are also the chosen antivirus software for Internet services such as MSN Hotmail. If you are already a Trend Micro user, why are you using it? What is it that you like? Please share your experience with Trend Micro by using the form below!
Getting better and better!
This product is only getting better and better. For a while I tried another brand, but I'm happy to be back with Trend Micro. It seems like some other companies get worse and worse as they get more popular, but Trend Micro has always been a big company, and always been good. No surprises!
Works great on my computer and smartphone
I am using Titanium Maximum Security by Trend Micro on my computer and on my Android smartphone. It’s working great! No problems installing either, and it’s working well with Windows 8. I’m happy!
Happy that it works for Macs AND PCs
I started using Titanium Maximum Security when it was just a great, easy-to-use security solution with integrated PC tuneup tools. Since then, I have switched to a Mac, but the kids still have a PC for school work and play. I was very happy when I realized that Maximum Security now works for Macs AND PCs (as well as tablets, but we don’t have any of those). The kids and I also think it’s fun that we can use our own photos to “customize” the software. Not a crucial thing, obviously, but fun!
I really like that it leaves me alone!!
What I like the most about Trend Micro Titanium is that it leaves me alone!! I was using another Internet Security program in the past, and it was constantly bugging me and giving me notifications of updates and things like that. Titanium Internet Security doesn’t do that (phew!!)!
The interface confused me a little at first
The interface confused me a little at first but that’s just because I was used to another program. Now I find it super easy to navigate and I like the frequent updates and that the program seems to be doing its job.
Trend Micro life-timer
I am a Trend Micro life-timer – I have used it for years and never ever had a virus. The new version has only got easier to use and more effective. I’m very happy!
A couple of friends recommended Trend Micro
A couple of my friends recommended Trend Micro when I was looking for a new Internet security program. Now that I have tried it myself I’m happy that I followed their advice. I like how I can use it on three computers too. Now my wife’s PC, the kids’ computer, and my own laptop are protected.
Easy to install and to use
Titanium by Trend Micro is super easy to install and to use, and I feel safe knowing my computers are protected by one of the world’s largest antivirus brands.
Will be renewing my subscription
Easy to use, light on computer resources, great price. Pretty fast compared to other products I have tried. I haven’t had any problems with Trend Micro Internet Security, and will be renewing my subscription when it runs out.
One of the largest Internet security companies in the world
I like the fact that Trend Micro is one of the largest Internet security companies in the world. This way I can get top level security without being yet another Norton user. PC-cillin doesn’t seem to slow down my computer.
Titanium Maximum Security 2015 Screenshots
Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2015 has a clean and simple user interface, making it easy to use for anyone. Additionally, It can very easily be customized with included images or your own photos. In addition to complete Internet security features, Titanium Maximum Security 2011 also comes with PC tuneup tools, online backup, remote lock for stolen PCs, and more.
For you to get an idea of the general look of the Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security interface, we have included a few screenshots below. Click to enlarge.
Trend Micro Titanium Product Comparison
|Titanium Premium Security offers the same features as Maximum Security; however, it comes with 25GB secure online storage (compared to 5GB), and is good for up to 5 devices (compared to 3). Regular price of Premium is $99.95.|
Reg. price for 1-3 users, 1 year:
|Internet Security for PCs:The software works with PCs, including Windows 8.||Internet Security for PCs|
|Internet Security for Mac:The software offers Internet Security tools to protect your Mac.||Internet Security for Mac|
|Mobile Internet Security:The software includes mobile security features to protect your smartphone from Internet threats.||Mobile Internet Security|
|Internet Security Features:|
|Malware Protection:Your computer and/or smartphone will be protected from malware, including viruses, Trojans, botnets, rootkits, spyware, and more.||Malware Protection|
|Real-Time Protection:Realtime protection means that the software constantly monitors and checks content as it is created, opened, or copied. Software updates often occur automatically, in order to keep your level of protection completely up-to-date at all times, unless you opt out from this.||Realtime Protection|
|Cloud-Based Protection: In addition to the security features that use your computer, cloud-based Internet Security solutions also utilize the Cloud. This allows for e.g. quicker response time to new Internet threats, which can often be stopped already in the Cloud. Cloud-based technologies also often help lower the use of computer system resources.||Cloud-Based Protection|
|Silent Internet Security:Antivirus software is considered 'silent' if it is or has options for running silently in the background, without constantly reminding the user of its existence. Some people prefer this; others want more interaction. Most software will have options for both.||Silent Protection / Silent Mode|
|Online Banking Features:The software offers features for an additional level of protection while doing online banking, and other sensitive tasks.||Online Banking Features||1|
|Virtual Keyboard:A virtual keyboard is often a type of popup keyboard on your screen, which shows up on demand or when you are about to enter a keyword. It is meant to protect you from keyloggers. Some software will instead offer other types of keylogging protection, e.g. encryption.||Virtual Keyboard / Keystroke Encryption|
|Identity Theft Protection:The software will protect you from phishing attacks and other attempts at stealing your identity.||Identity Theft Protection||2|
|Parental Controls:Parental controls will allow you to monitor and restrict what your children do and see online, as well as setup Internet time schedules.||Parental Controls|
|Firewall:A firewall solution prevents unauthorized access to or from a computer and/or a private network. Some Internet Security solutions now utilize (and strengthen) the operating system firewall, rather than offering their own.||Firewall||3||3||3|
|Entertainment Security Features:|
|Social Networking: The software offers tools and features created specifically for the social networking space, including popular websites like Facebook and Twitter. For example, suspicious links may be marked as such, and the software may advice you of any issues with your security settings||Social Networking Protection|
|IM Protection:The software includes tools and features specifically meant to monitor Instant Messaging (IM) programs for suspicious activity and content.||Instant Messaging Protection|
|Gaming Mode: Some software offers a Gaming Mode, appreciated by those who enjoy playing games online. It works by minimizing interruptions and reducing use of computer resources while you are playing games. Only critical notifications will show up on your screen.||Gaming Mode|
|Additional Advanced Security Features:|
|"Secure||Secure Delete / File Shredder|
|Other Advanced and/or Unique Features:|
|Secure Online Storage:Some Internet Security software now come with secure online storage. You'll be able to store important information, and often also access your information from anywhere in the world, even while away from your computer and/or mobile device.||Secure Online Storage||5||6|
|Computer Backup:Some security software come with built-in computer backup tools, allowing you to backup your important information. In the event of computer failure or other problems, you'll easily be able to recover lost data.||Computer Backup||5||6|
|Network Manager:Network Manager features allow you to manage the security of your whole home network from a single location, including configuration, updating and scan scheduling of the software.||Network Manager|
|Computer Tuneup & Optimization:Rather than requiring a separate solution, some Internet Security software include computer tuneup and optimization tools to keep your computer running at peak performance.||Computer Tuneup & Optimization|
|Software Updater:A Software Updater is a rather unique tool in Internet Security software. This type of tool will ensure that all the software installed on your computer is up to date, something that will minimize the risk of vulnerabilities.||Software Updater|
|Remote Access:A rare additional feature in Internet Security software is remote access, allowing you to remotely access your computer from anywhere in the world.||Remote Access|
|Help & Support:|
|Help & Support:The software comes with free customer support. Often, this will include the option of phone, email, or online chat support, but may vary depending on the company.||Help & Support|
Reg. price for 1-3 users, 1 year:
|Learn more about Titanium Premium Security||Learn more Add to cart||Learn more Add to cart||Learn more Add to cart|
3. Like a few other Internet Security products, Titanium 2013 has moved away from a complete firewall solution, and instead utilizes the Windows Firewall. Titanium does, however, offer a "Firewall Booster" to increase the efficiancy of the Windows Firewall.
4. In addition to the data-theft prevention features included in Titanium Internet Security, Titanium Maximum Security and Titanium Premium Security also include the Trend Micro Vault, an encrypted, password-protected place to store your sensitive files. If you report your computer as lost or stolen, the Trend Micro Vault automatically blocks access to everything inside, even if someone has the correct password.
6. Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security comes with 5GB online storage space for safe-keeping and backup. If you need additional storage space, see Titanium Premium Security. Premium Security offers the same great protection as Titanium Maximum Security; however, it comes with 25GB storage + protection for 5 devices (PCs, Macs, and mobile devices).