When it comes to Internet security today, your options may be many; however, if you want quality and complete peace of mind, we believe that Kaspersky is one of very few brands that will truly measure up. With Kaspersky 2013, award-winning Kaspersky has improved its products even further, making them faster and even more effective.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2014 gives you full protection against viruses and spyware and is all about getting the absolute best protection without sacrificing performance. Licenses start at 1-3 users for 1 year, but remember that you can save big on multi-year and multi-user licenses (up to 10 users, 3 years). All purchases come with Kaspersky’s unique free upgrades. For additional protection from Kaspersky, make sure to take a look at Kaspersky Internet Security.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2014 Key Features
- Real-time malware protection – Get protection in real-time against viruses, spyware, trojans, bots, rootkits, and more. Kaspersky’s Urgent Detection System gives you the ultimate level of protection when you surf the Internet, use email, or download files. Previously unknown malware will be flagged within minutes of its inception, keeping you safe from even the newest of threats, thanks to Kaspersky’s cloud-based technologies. Small, frequent updates to your security databases helps maintaining maximum PC performance.
- Intelligent scanning – Kaspersky works in several different ways to keep your system at maximum performance while still delivering top-level protection from viruses and spyware. In addition to the small, frequent updates (less than 1% drain on your computer processing power), files are scanned only if they have been opened or modified, and background activities are reduced when you are placing demands on your computer. You can enjoy watching movies, surfing the web, or toggling multiple programs without disruption from your security software. A gamer mode will block pop-ups and reduce the use of your PCs resources to a bare minimum when you’re playing games on your PC.
- Installation on Infected PCs – Sometimes a computer can be so severely infected with malware that antivirus software can’t be installed. This is not a problem with Kaspersky. Kaspersky will prompt you to download a proprietary tool to scan and eliminate all threats. In cases where the damage is so bad that the operating system can’t even launch correctly, the Kaspersky Anti-Virus CD can be used as a bootable Rescue Disk to detect and eliminate all infections. Once that’s done, you can quickly and easily continue to install the product.
- Advanced anti-phishing defense – With phishing attacks becoming more common – and much more tricky – it’s getting more and more difficult to know if an email is really from e.g. your bank or from a cyber criminal trying to steal your confidential information. Kaspersky maintains and references a robust database of phishing websites, and proactively analyzes URLs to catch new phishing attacks as soon as they happen. You can be confident that your digital identity is always safe. Additionally, Kaspersky Anti-Virus comes with a Virtual Keyboard tool, making it possible to enter confidential information, such as bank login information, without actually using your keyboard. Keyloggers don’t stand a chance!
- Free technical support – Kaspersky offers free North American-based technical support via telephone, email, and online chat. Additional support features includes FastTrack Support, which contains a FAQ database, and the Kaspersky knowledge base, an online database of detailed answers to questions about installing and using Kaspersky’s products.
For additional security features, such as two-way firewall, antispam, online banking mode, parental controls, and more, see Kaspersky Internet Security (starting at $79.95 for 3 users, 1 year).
Free Upgrades: Kaspersky® offers free upgrades to users with currently valid licenses. For example, if you hold a three year license to Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2014 and a new version gets released within that time, you can upgrade to the newest version for free!
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2014 System Requirements
To run Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2014, your computer must meet the following system requirements:
- Microsoft® Windows® 8
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate
- Microsoft® Windows Vista® (32-bit and 64-bit), Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Enterprise/Ultimate
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32-bit), Service Pack 2 or later, Home
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32-bit and 64-bit), Service Pack 2 or later, Professional
- Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista: 1 GHz or higher processor
- Windows XP: 800 MHz or higher processor
- Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista: 1 GB available RAM (32 Bit) or 2 GB available RAM (64 Bit)
- Windows XP: 512 MB of RAM
- Approximately 480 MB of available hard disk space
- Internet Explorer® 8.0 or higher (for installation)
Additionally, you will need an Internet connection for product activation (and Internet based installation), as well as a CD/DVD drive for installation of the program from the CD. Microsoft Windows Installer 2.0 is also required.
Kaspersky User Reviews
In just a few years, Kaspersky has grown to be one of the largest and most respected Internet Security brands in the world. A big reason for this are great reviews from its users. If you are already a Kaspersky user, why are you using it? What is it that you like? Please share your experience with Kaspersky by using the form below!
Some installation issues but definitely happy
At first I had some problems installing Kaspersky, but that was before I found out that you should always uninstall any old antivirus/Internet security software from your computer before installing your new one. This is not just the case with Kaspersky but with other brands as well, and it also doesn’t matter that the antivirus software on your computer is out of date. Once I had figured this out and got Kaspersky set up on my computer I am definitely happy with it.
I can’t recommend this product highly enough!
The difference is night and day!
I switched to Kaspersky from McAfee and the difference is night and day! I can hardly notice that it is running and updates are the same way. Completely invisible. The only time I can tell that my Kaspersky Internet Security is running is the little notices that come up when a virus or a hacker attack is stopped. I’m quite surprised at how often that happens – other brands I have tried never seemed to find any malware.
Tried Kaspersky thanks to the great reviews
I wanted to try Kaspersky thanks to the great reviews, both more “professional” ones but especially from users. I’m glad I did, and I agree with all the good things I have read. This product is really great!
Straight-forward & easy-to-use
In the past, Kaspersky users would sometimes say that the product itself was great, but that the user interface wasn’t. Well, in my opinion that has definitely changed. The interface is very straight-forward and easy-to-use, and although I am not very interested in customizing the looks of it myself, I have heard that it is supposed to be good for that too.
Tried almost every product
I have tried almost every Internet security product there is, and Kaspersky is the first one that does what it is supposed to do!
Effective + easy-to-use
Very easy-to-use and extremely effective.
Would pay double!
Kaspersky may be a bit more expensive than some other Internet Security products but in this case you really do get what you are paying for. I would pay double the cost of Kaspersky for the great job that it does!
Found viruses right away!
Right away, Kaspersky found MANY viruses that other antivirus software didn’t see!
Feel safer with Kaspersky than other brands I've tried
This product takes care of itself. I feel like I don’t have to do a thing and still I feel more safe with Kaspersky than I ever did with other brands I have tried in the past. I don’t even notice the updates, even though they are supposed to happen hourly. Sometimes I may look down at the Kaspersky icon and see the little symbol showing that it is updating, but that’s really the only way I can tell.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2014 Screenshots
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2014 has a clean, straightforward interface, which makes it suitable for any user. You can basically install it and forget about it, but for users with specific needs, Kaspersky Anti-Virus can also be customized in different ways, both when it comes to features and appearance.
For you to get an idea of the general look of the Kaspersky Anti-Virus interface, we have included a few screenshots below. Click to enlarge.
Kaspersky Product Comparison
Unless otherwise stated, listed prices are for 1 year, 1-3 users. Kaspersky ONE can be used with up to 5 devices. Multi-user and multi-year licenses available for all products.
Reg. price*, 1 year:
|Internet Security for PCs: The software works with PCs, including Windows 8.||Internet Security for PCs||1|
|Internet Security for Mac: The software offers Internet Security tools to protect your Mac.||Internet Security for Mac||1|
|Mobile Internet Security:The software includes mobile security features to protect your smartphone from Internet threats.||Mobile Internet Security||1|
|Internet Security Features:|
|Malware Protection:Your computer and/or smartphone will be protected from malware, including viruses, Trojans, botnets, rootkits, spyware, and more.||Malware Protection|
|Real-Time Protection:Realtime protection means that the software constantly monitors and checks content as it is created, opened, or copied. Software updates often occur automatically, in order to keep your level of protection completely up-to-date at all times, unless you opt out from this.||Realtime Protection|
|Cloud-Based Protection: In addition to the security features that use your computer, cloud-based Internet Security solutions also utilize the Cloud. This allows for e.g. quicker response time to new Internet threats, which can often be stopped already in the Cloud. Cloud-based technologies also often help lower the use of computer system resources.||Cloud-Based Protection|
|Silent Internet Security:Antivirus software is considered 'silent' if it is or has options for running silently in the background, without constantly reminding the user of its existence. Some people prefer this; others want more interaction. Most software will have options for both.||Silent Protection / Silent Mode|
|Online Banking Features:The software offers features for an additional level of protection while doing online banking, and other sensitive tasks.||Online Banking Features||2|
|Virtual Keyboard:A virtual keyboard is often a type of popup keyboard on your screen, which shows up on demand or when you are about to enter a keyword. It is meant to protect you from keyloggers. Some software will instead offer other types of keylogging protection, e.g. encryption.||Virtual Keyboard / Keystroke Encryption|
|Identity Theft Protection:The software will protect you from phishing attacks and other attempts at stealing your identity.||Identity Theft Protection|
|Parental Controls: Parental controls will allow you to monitor and restrict what your children do and see online, as well as setup Internet time schedules.||Parental Controls|
|Firewall: A firewall solution prevents unauthorized access to or from a computer and/or a private network. Some Internet Security solutions now utilize (and strengthen) the operating system firewall, rather than offering their own.||Firewall|
|Entertainment Security Features:|
|Social Networking: The software offers tools and features created specifically for the social networking space, including popular websites like Facebook and Twitter. For example, suspicious links may be marked as such, and the software may advice you of any issues with your security settings||Social Networking Protection||3|
|IM Protection: The software includes tools and features specifically meant to monitor Instant Messaging (IM) programs for suspicious activity and content.||Instant Messaging Protection||3|
|Gaming Mode: Some software offers a Gaming Mode, appreciated by those who enjoy playing games online. It works by minimizing interruptions and reducing use of computer resources while you are playing games. Only critical notifications will show up on your screen.||Gaming Mode|
|Other Advanced and/or Unique Features:|
|Anti-Theft Tools:Unfortunately, anti-theft tools will not physically stop your device from being stolen; however, these are tools that will protect your data and your identity in the event of theft. For example, you may be able to remotely lock your device, or wipe it clean of all content.||Anti-Theft Tools||4|
|Encryption Tools: Encryption features provide yet another layer of security for your most important data and files.||File Encryption|
|Password Manager: A Password Manager will manage and protect all your website passwords and login IDs in one secure spot. Many work in a way where you only have to remember one master password.||Password Manager|
|Secure Delete / File Shredder: Secure Delete / File Shredder tools will ensure that your deleted files cannot be recovered.||Secure Delete / File Shredder|
|Secure Online Storage:Some Internet Security software now come with secure online storage. You'll be able to store important information, and often also access your information from anywhere in the world, even while away from your computer and/or mobile device.||Secure Online Storage|
|Computer Backup:Some security software come with built-in computer backup tools, allowing you to backup your important information. In the event of computer failure or other problems, you'll easily be able to recover lost data.||Computer Backup||5|
|Network Manager:Network Manager features allow you to manage the security of your whole home network from a single location, including configuration, updating and scan scheduling of the software.||Network Manager|
|Computer Tuneup & Optimization:Rather than requiring a separate solution, some Internet Security software include computer tuneup and optimization tools to keep your computer running at peak performance.||Computer Tuneup & Optimization|
|Software Updater:A Software Updater is a rather unique tool in Internet Security software. This type of tool will ensure that all the software installed on your computer is up to date, something that will minimize the risk of vulnerabilities.||Software Updater|
|Remote Access:A rare additional feature in Internet Security software is remote access, allowing you to remotely access your computer from anywhere in the world.||Remote Access|
|Help & Support:|
|Help & Support:The software comes with free customer support. Often, this will include the option of phone, email, or online chat support.||Help & Support||6||6||6||6|
|What do you want to do next?|
Reg. price*, 1 year:
*Prices listed in this comparison are regular pricing for 1 year, 1-3 users, unless otherwise stated. Potential discounts will be posted on each product page when available.
1. Kaspersky ONE Universal Security is a multi-device Internet Security solution that protects up to 5 of your PCs, Macs, and Android tablets and smartphones. Mix and match to suit your devices. The PC component is that of Kaspersky Internet Security.
2. Kaspersky Anti-Virus comes with phishing attack protection, as well as a virtual keyboard; however, for online banking/payment protection, and more, see Kaspersky Internet Security or Kaspersky PURE Total Security.
3. Although Kaspersky Anti-Virus provides extensive malware protection during all Internet browsing, including a URL advisor, the social network- and IM-specific tools are included as part of Kaspersky’s parental controls, which means they are available in Kaspersky Internet Security, Kaspersky PURE Total Security, and Kaspersky ONE Universal Security.
4. Kaspersky ONE Universal Security comes with advanced mobile anti-theft features that can block, wipe and locate your lost or stolen tablet or smartphone – and even take a “mugshot” picture of the thief.
5. Kaspersky PURE Total Security includes 2GB online storage.
6. All Kaspersky products come with free phone, live chat, email support, as well as a Knowledge Base. In addition, you will get free upgrades to a new release of a product, if you already hold a valid license.